Tuesday 15 August 2017

The Amazing Paper Grace Thinking Outside of the Box Blog Hop


We're so excited!  For months we've been bringing you creative ways to use your dies to make stunning cards.  Not today!! Today, we're showing you how to make anything but a card.  Becca issued the challenge that the creative team could pick any die and not use it in the way in was originally intended. What that means for you is everything we are showing today is pretty much outside of the box.  Dies are meant for this kind of inspiration and as you hop around, you'll be amazed at some gorgeous creations that will have your head shaking.  Yes there are prizes, but but have your gift list sitting by so that you can pick out the next gifts you might be making for someone special.

I'll tell you a little bit about my creation and will share a link list below so that you can see the creations of each person on the Creative Team as well as information on how three lucky people can win Amazing Paper Grace Dies.




Here is a picture showing the led tealight turned on inside the box.


To create a lantern I used a Vintage Insert from Filigree Booklet die set S5-289. To decorate the lid I used a Inner Border and Looped Square dies from Braided Grace Square S4-733 die set and flowers which I made using Cinch and Go Flowers One S6-050 die. To create my note card I used the same dies.

To create a lantern:
1. I cut two pieces of card stock measuring 6-3/4 by 4-3/4'' (I used Kraft-Core card stock).
2. I scored both at 3-1/4'' and 6-1/2'' (at the longer side) and then at 4-1/4'' (at the shorter side).


3. I centered and secured with a masking tape a Vintage Insert die from Filigree Booklet die set and die cut and embossed it four times.



4. To shade the 'windows' in my lantern I cut four pieces of vellum (I used tracing paper 90gsm). Each pieces measure approx 3-3/8 by 4-3/8''. I glued it down using a strong double sided tape.


5. Then I glued a lantern together using wet glue.



6. I added a piece at the bottom of the lantern which measures 3-1/4 by 3-1/4''. I rounded each corner with 3/8'' corner rounder as that way it fits easier inside (it is not necessary to round the corners). I also added the same piece at the bottom from the outside to cover flaps.



7. To create a lid for a lantern I took a piece of card stock which measures 4-3/8 by 4-3/8'' and scored on each side at 1/2 '' and 3-7/8 ''. I also die cut and embossed two decorative elements from Braided Grace Square die set. I used a Inner Border and Looped Square.


8. Before gluing a lid together I die cut a square inside. I drew two perpendicular lines with a pencils to help me to position the die in a middle. I did it for a lid and for the Inner Border from Braided Grace Square die set. The size of the square die is 1-1/2'' sq.



9. I added a Looped Square on a top of a Inner Border using wet glue and then using 3D foam tape I placed it on a lid having in mind to center two squares.


I made the other lantern in green as I was thinking that it will look lovely as a Christmas lantern too. I will share my finished Christmas lantern a bit later on.




How to Win:
Hop around to each Creative Team Member and leave a comment on each blog, three lucky winners will win a die of their choice from the Amazing Paper Grace Vintage Elegance Collection. In making the rounds, a comment should be left on the August 15th Blog Post of each Creative Team member - in your comments let us know if there is a project you would consider making.  

When to Check Back:
We'll pick and post a winner on Saturday August 19th on the Amazing Paper Grace Blog.

How to Claim:
The winner has two weeks from the time the blog post is published to claim their die.  Simply click on the contact tab at the top right hand corner of the Amazing Paper Grace blog, leave your mailing address and type the name of the die you'd like.  Becca will be sending out the winning die.  Please give us a month, we'll get it to you, promise!

Who can Play:
Any of our lovely readers including our international friends.

To start thinking Outside of the Box, hop to:
Visit Becca  - at amazingpapergrace.com/blog/
Visit Melissa  – at keepsakesbymelissa.blogspot.com
Visit Teresa - at victorianpaperqueen.com
Visit Anita – at craftingforever-anita.blogspot.com
Visit Kristi  – at kristispapercreations.blogspot.com
Visit Joanna – at joannakrog.blogspot.com

P.S. These are all gifts you can make, yes you!! Please feel free to ask questions of all the designers in their comments because we all love to mentor readers through making wonderful gifts for their families.

So keep hopping and have a nice day!




Joanna

84 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and glad you included detailed directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clever way to use the booklet die. I especially like the top of the lantern with all the lovely flowers. Thanks for your instuctions for making this pretty lantern box. I should be able to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of the dies. I like that you included the instructions for making the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo beautiful and just another amazing giftidea for a dear friend, and can be used both as a lantern but would also work as a beautiful box for a gift to a wedding or something special. I love the gorgeous and romantic look for it.
    You girls has really outdone yourself and each other here this time, and shared some really amazing inspiration, and I would be proud to give any of these projects a try, that´s for sure, and I can certainly see a good usee for each and every one of them. Thanks sooo much to all of you for that. You rock ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! I have actually had a vague idea of this rolling around in my head since obtaining this die set. So happy to see it will work. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful and inspirational ideas with all of us out here in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this project, so beautiful, elegant and graceful! What beautifully designed projects, every one of them!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! And I have the die set so I can make this as a gift for someone, which is even better! Thanks for sharing your talent. - Lynette S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This project is absolutely amazing. I loved the picture showing the candle turned on inside the box. Just beautiful! You are the queen of beautiful flowers. Would love to make and/or receive this box. Thanks for sharing your creativity! Loved the step by step instructions for making the box too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all of the projects you girls are amazing .Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! Thanks for the awesome tutorial too! The photos accompanying it are so helpful! I will definitely be trying this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the booklet die and this is another great example of its many uses...the colors are great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the top and the filigree sides. It looks like wood or metal. Very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. JoAnna
    I am a person who loves to see in the manner you used to see how you did everything. Guess I am just a visual person. This is truly breathtaking, love it with the tea light!!
    Hugs
    Ann Robbins

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Joanna, I think this is just Devine!!! I need this!!! Bless all you girls!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super pretty!
    Such a creative way to use your dies!!!
    Just lovely creations!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful project and card!!! I would love to try my hand at this project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful way to use the booklet die!
    Gorgeous both the box and the card :))
    Thanks for a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really like this...looking forward to the christmas version.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely project. I would like to try making this with poinsettias on top for holiday centerpieces. Thanks for the wonderful very detailed instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty, thanks for the tutorial, I love everyone's creations and would like to make them all.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful lantern, Joanna! Can't wait to see your Christmas lantern, too! You are so thoughtful to provide us with a tutorial, as well. I hadn't thought about making lanterns as gifts but your creation just changed that!
    Thank you so much for sharing your time and talent! Sandy
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ojej! Jaka śliczna latarenka! Przecudna!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cudna ta latarenka i świetny kurs :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful and thank you for your very good tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Joanna just brilliant and many thanks for the tutorial, it is so much easier to see how its done when there is a tutorial.. But your dies and flowers are just gorgeous. This lot are so exciting.
    Hugs Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Joanna,
    this is amazing. Thank you
    Rene from OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely lantern you've created Joanna! Your step by step tutorial makes it look so easy!! It's a beautiful gift and I can see making this in so many colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning! Yes I want to make this....for me and to give as gifts! A must for my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, so beautiful, I just want to stop everything that needs to be done and try to make every one of these beautiful projects on this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely stunning! Great tutorial too.
    Doreen R

    ReplyDelete
  31. What elegance. Fantastic Lumineer thank you for sharing your instructions and inspiration. Beautiful just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so gorgeous. Thank you for the clear, concise instructions. Maybe one day in my dreams I will find time to create this. You made it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the lantern it is gorgeous. Christine S

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks so much for the detailed instructions. I believe that anyone could make one.

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow, this is so intricate. I love how you used this die.

    ReplyDelete
  36. SUCH WONDERFUL WORK! I LOOOOVE what you've done here, Joanna!! The dies you've chosen (I have the little booklet die!) ;)& THE FLOWERS! Your flowers look SO LIFE LIKE! TRULY STUNNING WORK!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, this tea light lantern is so pretty Joanna. Love the use of the booklet die! The flower embellishments are gorgeous! I also love the coordinating card. SWEET! I have the booklet die! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love this lantern idea! Could be used for table ideas for a dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this lantern. Thanks for all the instructions. Glad I didn't have to figure out the lid! lol That would take away from my play time. Just made a little "Happy Thoughts" journal for my sister using this die.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow so beautiful!!! Would like to try out ur lovely creation!
    Thanks for sharing
    Smooches Vee

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love this lantern! Such a great idea. I can easily see using different dies to create a lantern for just about any occasion. I never would have thought of this. Easily the "light" of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a great box! And not just for a lantern, but for any sort of gift. Thank you for the inspiration, and for the excellent instructions as well. This is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sorry regarding the above deletion, spellchecker! The pretty little lantern is just as pretty even without the candle being lit. A lovely idea as a gift box

    ReplyDelete
  45. Another way I can use this die! This box will light up anyones day/night I sure will be pinching this idea for someone specail. Thank you so much for the great indstructions. Inky hugs

    ReplyDelete
  46. What an Amazing Idea I can see this in my house the lacy look is so Amazing the details aew super. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Outstanding, love the brown leaves, I wouldn't have thought of that...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  48. This lantern is FABULOUS! How I'd love to make several of these for tables at a party!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Joanne, your lantern is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing the step by step. I'm going to make one for my daughter's new home! Her name is Joanne too! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I just loved this so much that last night I had a go at making one myself. Hadn't got the dies you used so improvised with a window die i have.
    Thank you for the instructions and detailed pictures. But most of all i thank for the beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Jenny.
      I am very happy you liked tutorial. I would love to see how your one turned out? Can you add a link to your blog or your gallery? :) or email me a picture if you don't have an online place.
      Joanna

      Delete
  51. Your project is beautiful and something that even I could create now thanks to your wonderful tutorial. What a lovely idea, and as always, your flowers are amazing. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you so very much for the detailed instructions. Not many people do that and it makes it hard to make something without them. Thanks for taking that extra step. I will put it to good use and make one for a Christmas present this year. Now i just need to order all those wonderful dies! Thank you so very much! 💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love this gorgeous lantern! Awesome instructions, too!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love your creation. It's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  55. WOW! Love this. The entire DT is so talented. Enjoyed the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Absolutely exquisite and something I would love to make as gifts or decor!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Ohhhhh....I would definitely be making this one. And thanks for the instructions too. This may just be my favourite die!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Pinning this for my girls future weddings.So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi Joanna, I love what you did! I never would have thought of this! I now have this die & am definitely going to make one. Thanks for sharing your tutorial & beautiful creations. x

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lovely lantern Joanna -- this die is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Loved the lantern n the detailed description of how u made it..flowers r just so real..would love to make a book box with it

    ReplyDelete
  62. Joanna, with all due respect to the other designers, they saved the best for last. The fact that you tool the booklet die and made a lantern has just put it to the top. Oh my. You really hit a homerun with this one. I got excited. Yup. Now to buy the die. I was curious about how I would use it. But you made it versatile which was the main challenge to you awesome designers. I have been so inspired by you as well as the others. But this die with the Cinch and goes, wow! I can even see it made into a house. Thank you.so.much for the inspiration and for joining the blog hop. I cam go to bed happy. It is 1:32 am my time. Wait, too excited to sleep. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh my stars!! This is so gorgeous and beautiful and inspiring!!! What an absolutely fabulous and super creative way to use this die!! I LOVE your wonderful project so much!!! Thank you for it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thank you for showing us how to make this gorgeous lantern. It's already so beautiful, and then when you add the tealight...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Your directions are so clear! I cant wait to make some of these for the holidays and even just for autumn! they are so pretty! hugs, treen

    ReplyDelete
  66. Beautiful use of the dies. Love the tutorial. So easy to follow. I would love to have them all over my house.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I really like the tea boxes. There are so many different ways and occasions you could use this. I especially liked the top of the box. So well finished and looks so elegant. Thank you for sharing and your inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Lovely card and box! Beautiful dies to create this pretty ensemble! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Cudeńko !!! Grafika w tle pięknie się komponuje z kolorowymi kwiatami :-D

    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wonderful. Thanks to your design I can now try to do this. I tried with a version of a box with lid but the wings of the box fell outside of my bigshot so it would have been difficult to die cut the filigree/design in. This is so much easier - to do it in pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I just bought the dies except the flower one. I have them this lantern is sooo pretty. what paper weight die you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,
      Thank you for your kind words :)
      For the lantern I used Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Core'dinations 12'' by 12''.
      I am sorry do not know how thick it is. I would say it is a medium weight card stock. It is smooth kraft at the back.
      Hugs,
      Joanna

      Delete
  72. Beautiful use of the dies. Love the tutorial. So easy to follow. I would love to have them all over my house.

    ,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  73. wow, I made mine today finally but honestly I made a lot of mistakes at first wasted a lot of paper. I do not do well with numbers and I asked my husband help me because he is good with numbers for some reason I was missing up too much! Now I have a beautiful red Luminary to set out front by the window in support of all the Frontline workers since we had this quarantine. Thank you so much for this tutorial I ordered the dies a couple of years ago for this project now it's done!!! In will post it on y other blog later today. :) pls visit http://cricutfuncreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Chris :-)
      Your lantern is beautiful!
      Joanna

      Delete
  74. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  75. My luminary is now posted see my blog above :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. ✿ Hope you enjoy my blog. ✿
Dziękuję za odwiedziny. ✿ Mam nadzieję, że mój blog Ci się podoba. ✿
Joanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...